How the ‘crash of 2018’ could see domestic travel restrictions lifted from the travel itinerary
New rules allowing people to travel abroad without a visa in the Middle East and North Africa could soon be in place in Sydney, according to a new report.
Key points:Under the new rules, people will need a ‘good cause’ to be allowed to travel, such as “sustainable agricultural activity” or “social welfare”.
Under the rules, travellers will need to demonstrate a “good cause” to be permitted to travelIn a press conference on Tuesday, the Prime Minister announced the changes to the existing travel rules that had been in place since January 2018.
“This is the first step towards allowing domestic travel to be conducted as it was in 2017,” he said.
“We’ve been very clear that we want to allow this to continue.”
He said the changes would be rolled out gradually over the next three years.
The changes will see travellers who have a valid visa from any country within the Middle Eastern and North African region be able to travel outside of that region for a maximum of 90 days a year.
This is subject to a number of limitations, including that a person cannot leave the country unless their “good reason” has been satisfied.
In the Middle-East and North-African region, there are already some restrictions on travel.
The Australian Government’s current visa regime for the region allows a maximum 90 days travel per year, including up to 90 days in a year-long holiday, but these travel restrictions are being extended to include the Middle Sea region.
In September, the Australian Government announced the introduction of an additional two-year tourist visa for Australians who had lived in the region for 10 years.
Travel restrictions in the MENA region will also be relaxed, with travel restrictions to be lifted starting next month.
The Prime Minister said Australia would be working with international partners to “provide the Middle Arab world with the best opportunities for sustainable agricultural activity and social welfare”.
“The Middle East is in desperate need of economic and social change and we need to work closely with the international community to ensure that this happens,” he told the media.
“I will make the decision in the coming weeks on whether or not we are going to lift restrictions for Middle Eastern countries in the future.”‘
Crash of the century’For those who are not familiar with the region, the Middle Mediterranean has been the epicentre of a number terrorist attacks, including the November attacks on the Paris offices of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo and the January 2016 suicide bombing at the headquarters of the Islamic State group.
“For the past several months, our international partners have been working with the Middle States to make the region more resilient,” Mr Turnbull said.
The Government said the Government would be taking a number other steps, including lifting visa restrictions for some travellers.
The Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, Peter Dutton, said the new visa rules would ensure the region remained a safe place to travel.
“The Government will work with the world’s top international partners on the next steps to make this happen, and this will ensure the Middle, Central and East-North Africa region remains safe for those who want to travel and stay,” he added.
“Australians who have travelled to the region and those who have been here for a long time will not be required to obtain a visa, and those travelling will be able enjoy the benefits of the travel restrictions.”
The Minister said the visa restrictions would only apply to those coming from “safe” countries and would not apply to anyone coming from countries that had a “sparse” economy.
“Those who want the full benefits of our visa regime, like those from Australia, will still be able visit, study, work, visit family and visit friends without needing a visa,” he explained.
“All visitors who wish to come to Australia will be required by the visa regime to obtain an appropriate visa before they can come to the country.”
The Prime Minster said there would be a “very significant” reduction in visa applications for those coming into the country.
“As you will see, the number of people applying for visas will be very limited, and only those who intend to come here as temporary residents will be allowed in,” he continued.
“These visas will not only be issued for those in Australia, but they will also allow for people coming from the Middle east to visit.”
He noted that the visa holders would not be allowed access to the visa application forms, and would need to obtain the form from a travel agent.
“There will be a very significant reduction in the number and the number who apply for visas,” Mr Dutton said.
Topics:travel-and-tourism,government-and-(government-to-government)prince-andrew,national-security,immigration,travel-disruption,travel,middle-east,world-politics,middle east-north-africa,australiaMore stories from New South Wales